Dip RTh, Ct Hyp
Precautions & Aftercare Information For All Treatments
Post Therapy Information
In all therapies that I offer a full medical history will be requested on your first treatment, and you will be asked to sign a consent form for treatment. This information will be kept confidential. For the first initial appointment an extra 20 mins is required, to give ample time to go through everything and your expectations from the treatment. This information is confidential and is stored in accordance with GDPR requirements.
Holistic therapies can evoke a natural cleansing experience as the body is healing itself emotionally, physically mentally and spiritually. The following advice will assist in this process.
Avoid alcohol and smoking for at least 24 hours after a session. Drink plenty of fresh water and herbal infusions, as this an assist in the rebalance of your energy field and assist your natural healing process.
Eating a light diet is also helpful as the body needs to concentrate its effort on detoxification and natural healing so fresh and natural foods are advisable.
EYES: Eyebrow & Eyelash Tint
A patch test will be necessary 24 hours before these treatments.
- Avoid rubbing the eye.
- Avoid getting the eyes wet.
- Avoid heat treatments for 24 hours.
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours as this fades the tint.
- Avoid putting your contact lenses back in for the rest of the day.
- Some tint residue may remain and become apparent when you wash your face.
- Do not apply make or receive any other eye treatments for at least 8 hours after your treatment.
FACE: Faith Lift
A patch test will be necessary 24 hours before for Faithlift.
- Do not undertake any other facial skincare treatments within 48 hours.
- Do not apply perfume or perfumed products to treated area withing 24 hours,stay away from direct sunlight/sunbeds and heat e.g. saunas for 24 hours.
- Keep make-up and other skincare products to a minimum for 8-24 hours for your skin to get the most from the treatment
- For long term results use the prescribed products for home care and book in for treatments monthly. Always use an SPF.
FACE: Zone Face Lift
Drink plenty of water in the next 24 hours to aid the detoxifying process
Avoid make up if possible to let the skin breathe for an hour after treatment
Rest as much as possible after treatment to help the body heal itself
Try to avoid stimulants over the next 24 hours such as tea, coffee and alcohol as these may interfere with detoxification. Also avoid eating a heavy meal for at least 1 hour after treatment
Be careful if driving, as reactions may be slower
Some reactions are part of the healing process and a sign your boy is eliminating toxins. It is normal for you to feel any of the following:
- feeling cold, thirsty, mild headache, feeling emotional, mild tiredness, runny nose, needing a visit to the lavatory more frequently
The effects of Zone Face Life are cumulative and the benefits increased in the Zone Face Lift programme.
FACE: Microdermabrasion, Facial, Hot & Stone Cold Facial
Not suitable for people who have active uncontrolled diabetes, viral lesions, herpes simplex, shingles, eczema of seborrhoeic dermatitis, rosacea, oral blood thinner, skin cancer and auto immune disorders such as AIDS or HIV, vitiligo, visible broken blood vessels, sunburned skin, active or weeping acne, any skin infection in local area and consistent use Retin A treatments.
Doctors permission may need to be sought for certain medical condtions before a treatment is carried out.
Keep out of the sun
- Avoid aggressive exfoliation for 24 hours
- If going out put on a SPF
- Avoid heat treatments like sauna’s and stream rooms
EARS: Ear Acupuncture
The treatment is quick and simple, using very fine sterile disposal needles. Up to about 5 needles are place in each ear for about 30-45 mins whilst you side/lie down and rest. The treatment requires on removal of clothing other than being able to access the ears.
PRE and POST TREATMENT
It is best to make sure you have eaten before a treatment and participate in a pre-treatment consultant. After your treatment you are advised to minimise stimulation produces (such as caffeine) and avoid heavy exercise. You may benefit from a herbal teal or water.
There are very few contra-indications to receiving auricular acupuncture. However, it is important that you inform your practitioner if you are :
- Diabetic ( you must eat before this treatment)
- Have cancer (you will need approval from your medical professional beforehand)
- Haemophilia or blood clotting disorders
- Persistently high blood pressure
- Immune system compromised
- Experience of a fit, faint or funny turn
- Have been fitted with a pacemaker or any other electrical implants
- You are taking anticoagulants of any other medication
- You have damaged heart valves or have any other particular risk or infections
- You are pregnant or actively trying for a pregnancy
- You suffer from metal allergies
- You know of any reason why you should not have ear acupuncture
Ear Acupuncture is considered to be a safe treatment with very few side effects. Serious side effects are very rare – less than 1 per 10,000. On occasion there may be
– Slight bruising or minor bleeding where a needle was inserted
– Drowsiness may occur, if so you are advised not to drive.
– Symptoms may occasionally get worse after treatments, inform you your GP
– Fainting can occur in certain patients, particularly after the first treatment if you are hungry or overtired.
– Nausea or sweating may also occasionally occur. Drinking plenty of water and resting help such symptoms subside.
Any contra-indications to the treatment are checked by you your practitioner before the treatment commences.
There may be blood donor restrictions after receiving ear acupuncture, although there is no longer the need to provide a blood donor certificate when donating blood, please check with NHS Blood and Transplant service.
Ear Acupuncture & Reflexology:
Can be used alongside a reflexology treatment particularly if the issue is to do with stress and anxiety.
The needles will be placed first then I will continue with the reflexology treatment. For this treatment the client is usually lying down so that I can treat the feet easily
MANICURES & PEDICURES:
- Leave adequate time after your treatment to allow your nails to dry before leaving the salon (not applicable for gel nails)
- For pedicures wear open toe shoes if possible.
- To prolong the life of your varnish wear gloves to perform any household or work related chores and apply top coat every couple of days.
- Use pads of your fingers instead of your nails.
- Apply hand cream regularly.
- Massage cuticles with oil/cream recommended.
- Use a nail file to gently smooth any chips.
MASSAGE: Bellabaci Cupping, Lomi Lomi, Priadara. Hot & Cold Stones, Foot, Indian Head, Swedish, G5 Gyratory
Holistic treatments are a very powerful way of detoxifying the body, boosting the immune system and stimulating the body’s energetic system.
Bellabaci Cupping Pre Care /Before Treatment:
- No aggressive exfoliation
- No exercise just before the treatment
- No saunas, steam rooms
Bellabaci Cupping Post Care:
- Stay away from excessive heat
- No hot showers and baths
- No saunas, steam rooms
- No exercise
- Drink lots of water
- No extreme cold things on worked area
- Keep body warm
Contraindications to Bellabaci Facial Cupping
You will be unable to have this treatment if you have:
- Active and pustular acne
- Sunburn of peeling skin
- Very sensitive skin
- Extremely think skin as in geriatric aged skin
- Skin infections
- Open lesions
- Botox for the first 5 days
- Herpes Zoster (Cold sores)
By following the massage aftercare advice you should gain maximum benefit from the treatment.
Aftercare (all massage treatments):
- Increase the amount of water you drink for the next few days after the treatment. Aim to drink about 2 litres of water if possible.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 and also heavy meals.
- Make time to rest and relax.
- Avoid steam rooms & sauna’s for 24 hours after massage.
- Occasionally you may experience a ‘cleansing’ reaction after a treatment as the body starts to go through a self healing process. This is very normal and it is a positive sign that your body has responded to the treatment and that it is starting to balance itself.
Frequent visits to the toilet, runny nose and/or cough. Slight rash or spots as the skin rebalances. Conditions that may have been suppressed may flare up temporarily before they heal, deep sleep or difficulty sleeping and vivid dreams, slight headache.
These reactions are only temporary and they should clear within 24-48 hours.
REFLEXOLOGY: Facial, Feet, Crystal, Hypnotherapy
Not suitable where:
- There are imminent Medical Tests or procedures – it is recommended not to have reflexology if you have any tests booked within 48 hours of the treatment as the it may distort the results due to a balancing effect.
- If you are diabetic you should check your blood sugar levels after a treatment as it could change for a very short time.
- Recreational drugs or alcohol
- Contagious disease
- Recreational drugs or alcohol
- Contagious disease
- First Trimester of pregnancy unless for relaxation (please note that I am happy to treat existing regular clients who are pregnant as I have completed the Infertility and Pregnancy reflexology courses).
HEALING: Amethyst Bio Mat
What to expect
After the consultation, I will give you a glass of water to drink and the only thing you will have to take off is your shoes, however if you have a thick sweater, jumper it maybe advisable to remove them. You will lie on the amethyst biomat which is already turned on. We start slowly at low settings and gradually increase duration and temperature.
After the session it is recommended to drink plenty of water and to avoid caffeine.
You may suffer a headache or urinate frequently this is the toxins releasing from you body and it is important to rehydrate with water to help eliminate these toxins.
- Adrenal Suppression Disorder/Addison’s Disease/Adrenal Insufficiency/Systematic Lupus/ Erythematosus/Multiple Sclerosis (MS) – please check with GP first
- Chemotherapy/Radiation – who has recently received it – check with GP
- Cognitive disability – not advised
- Diabetes – check with GP
- Haemophiliacs/Haemorrhage – should avoid infrared usage
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension) – check with GP first
- High Fever – re arrange the appointments
- Infants – check with GP and parental consent required
- Joint injury – should wait until hot and swollen symptoms subside
- Loss of Feeling – check with GP –
- Medication – check with medical practitioner at regular intervals for assessment
- Organ transplants – not advised
- Pacemakers/Bypass surgery – check with Surgeon/GP
- Pregnancy – check with GP – short sessions at a low temperature
- Silicone implants – check with GP beforehand
- Surgical implants, metal rods/pins, artificial joints – check with surgeon/GP beforehand